Friday 26 December 2014

The Bonnie's Blessings New Year Poem Competition

Ladies and gentlemen, listen closely now.

May I present to you.... the Bonnie's Blessings New Year Poem Competition!

I was informed that I should do another competition for my readers because apparently I don't do enough. So here is the next competition, with my apologies and hopes that you like it.

What You Must Do:
Read the rules. Then write a poem on the topic "2015". Enter it into the competition by filling in the form below. Then wait for the deadline. Easy peasy. :)


The Fine Print / Rules
1. The length of the poem is entirely up to the author.
2. The author may decide whether the poem is to rhyme or not, however rhyming is strongly recommended.
3. The topic is "2015".
4. Any poem clearly not written on the topic shall be disqualified at the judge's discretion.
5. The primary judge is: yours truly, Bonnie. In the event that the competition is difficult to judge, other judges may be called in for a second opinion. (These will probably be my parents.)  
6. Authors of poems that are entered into the competition consent to having their poem published on the Bonnie's Blessings blog should their poem gain a place in the competition.
7. Authors may enter as many entries as they wish.
8. One poem per entry please. If you wish to enter more than once, please fill in the form multiple times.
9. The judge reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not abide by the rules.
10. All place getters shall have their poems published on the Bonnie's Blessings blog.
11. The grand prize winner shall receive the opportunity to guest post on the Bonnie's Blessings blog.
12. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Deadline is 10th January 2015
14. If you don't like these rules, tough. Don't enter. :P


Looking forward to reading all your marvellous entries!
And I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
post signature
PS. I seem to be having some problems with my form. If you enter a poem, would you please leave a comment saying you did so? That way if I don't receive your entry at least I know you've entered it and we can work something out. :) Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Um, you should probably change the deadline date, because January 2014 has already been and gone. :P
    This looks really cool though. I'll probably enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops. Thank you for picking that up, Matthew!
      Looking forward to your entry.

      Delete
  2. I've entered. There are some parts of the poem that are meant to be italicised, but since the fill-in form didn't seem to be able to do italics, if it's possible, would you be able to put them in if you ever post it on the blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. I will most certainly do that. :)

      Delete
  3. Helene has also entered.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!